I did my weekly Publix shopping run this morning, and boy did I rack up the savings! Since I have more room here, I’m going to post my savings, plus my shopping list, so you can see everything I got.
Total before savings $156.09 – less savings of $84.67 = brings my final total to $ 71.42!
For that amount I got:
- one gallon milk
- two 90 count pkgs chinet napkins
- 3 containers sara lee cheesecake bites
- one publix brand crispy crust pizza
- 3 pkgs dannon damimals crush cups
- one pkg dannon danino yogurt
- publix hearts of romaine salad mix
- 4 pkgs fisher fusions snack mix
- 2 pkgs Sargento salad finishers
- 2 pkgs (8 oz) Land O’ Lakes deli cheese
- 16 oz Sargento shredded cheese – 4 cheese mexican blend
- 5 lb bag ruby red grapefruit
- 18 count large eggs
- Cap’n Crunch cereal 22 oz
- Post Honey Bunches of Oats w/strawberries 13 oz
- Cheeze Its 13.7 oz
- 2 bags of Frito corn chips 9 1/4 oz
- 2 boxes 130 count Kleenex extra soft tissues
- 5 two liter bottles of assorted Pepsi products
- 8 pack Lance nekot cookie sandwiches
- 2 packages grands buttermilk biscuits
- 3 packages grands jr. golden layer biscuits
- 2 32oz blocks of Velveeta cheese (one with a free plastic storage box!)
- Swanson chicken broth 32 oz
- 2 Publix chili beans 15.5 oz
- 2 cans Pubix black beans 15.25 oz
- 1 can rotel tomatoes 10 oz
- 2 packages Immaculate baking company cookie dough
- publix tomato sauce 15 oz
- crisco extra virgin olive oil 16.9 oz
- revlon nail clippers
- 2 lbs bananas
- 6.5 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts
There are a couple of items of note on the list today. You might look at the chinet napkins, sara lee cheesecake bites, and velveeta and say, “Hey, wait! Those items aren’t on sale!” And that would be true, those items are not on sale THIS week, but they have been on sale recently, and were out of stock. Can you say, raincheck, people? The napkins were $.07 a package (regularly $2.15 each). The sara lee cheesecake bites were $1 per container (regularly $3.99 each), and the velveeta were $1.69 each(regularly $5.39 each). Look at all the savings I would have lost if I had not gotten rainchecks for these items!
The other item of note would be the nail clippers. These clippers were revlon brand, and normally sold for $2.39. I had a $1 off manufacturer’s coupon, plus a $2.50 publix coupon. After coupon savings, I made $1.11 in profit! That extra money just got taken off my total cost. I don’t urgently need nail clippers, but for that price an extra pair can’t hurt! I think I will leave them in their package, and pick up a diamond nail file, and cuticle clippers over this week (since I have three sets of the coupons above). I’ll buy some nail polish when it goes on sale, and put all this together in a little bag to make a manicure set! Ready made gift for a teacher or girlfriend.
So this was my first extended savings list. Hope it gives you an idea of how worth it, clipping coupons can be.